In most sports, it’s typical to side with a certain team. Whether you’re Man City or Man United, Springboks or All Blacks, you have to ask yourself, who do you play for?
In IoT we follow the same rules. Which of the three E’s will you as a business establish yourself in? Are you one of the Enablers, Engagers or Enhancers?
But firstly let’s clarify what these teams are:
This is the team heavily invested in the development of leading technology. We see these big players every day in the likes of Google, IBM, Intel and Cisco. These companies give the engagers the ability to build and develop on a foundation of underlying infrastructure.
This team is full of the designers and developers who create the products and solutions (ie. IoT applications) which are available to customers and consumers using the foundation built by the Enablers. Typical engagers include Nest, Hue and Apple.
This team is all about making use of the data gathered from the applications designed by the Engagers, and creating value added IoT focused products and solutions. These services often have a USP for the IoT application. Nowadays we are seeing enhancers create services that are positioned as solutions that solve their consumer’s inefficiencies and shortcomings.
When deciding which of the above teams you belong to, ask yourself the following:
What are your businesses core capabilities?
- What do you specialise in?
- Where do most of your skills and knowledge lie as a business?
What is your value proposition?
- What are your core products and services?
- What is your offerings USP in comparison to the rest of the market?
Who are your target consumers and partners?
- Do you work with end customers or are you channel focused?
What does the current marketplace/business environment look like?
- What is the current IoT activity within this space?
- What are your potential competitors doing?
- What is the current rate of adoption to IoT in this environment?
- Are there any further developments in your offering that need to take place before entering the market?
As a trusted mobile service provider, Pangea can support you in establishing which move to make that best suits your business through our Partner Programme.
Get in touch with us today using firstname.lastname@example.org.